This essay may enclose an extreme volume of perplexing fact that might usually seductiveness a specific audience. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to mislay this template message)
This essay contains embedded lists that might be improved presented regulating prose. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to mislay this template message)
Hossein Elahi Ghomshei
Hossein Mohyeddin Elahi Ghomshei
(1940-01-04) 4 Jan 1940
Shemiranat, Tehran, Iran
University of Tehran
Hossein Mohyeddin Ghomshei (Persian: حسین محیالدین قمشهای, innate 4 Jan 1940) improved famous as Elahi Ghomshei, is an Iranian scholar, author and techer on literature, art and mysticism.
Life and education
Dr. Hossein Elahi Ghomshei was innate on 4 Jan 1940 in Tehran, Iran. He is a son of Mehdi Mohyeddin Elahi Ghomshei, a famous translator of Quran into Persian. He perceived his PhD in Islamic Theology and Philosophy from a University of Tehran.
- Arabic literature, grammar, logic, theosophy, jurisprudence, and Kalam: Tehran Seminary School
- Persian literature: generally Nezami, Rumi, Hafez, Saadi and Attar
- Islamic mysticism: generally Ibn-al-Arabi and Ibn-al-Farez
- Philosophy of a excellent arts
Ghomshei was a techer during Tehran University and other universities and institutes (1968–2000) in a fields of:
- Philosophy of a excellent humanities (aesthetics)
- Persian novel and mysticism
- Theology and Islamic mysticism
- English novel (emphasis on Shakespeare)
- Works of Rumi, Saadi, Hafez, Attar, Nezami, Ferdowsi, Shabestari.
Other educational works
Ghomshei has been:
- an general guest techer (partial list below)
- a domestic techer during several locations
- an author and translator (partial list below)
- the Director, National Library of Iran (1981-2)
- a enlightenment and art adviser
- an editor
International harangue sites (partial list)
Victoria Albert Museum, London
Dartington Hall, Devon
Temenos Academy, London
University of Exeter
SOAS, University of London
Imperial College, University of London
University College of London
University of Glasgow
- United States of America
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Southern California (USC)
California State University, Long Beach
University of George Town
University of Melbourne
Macquarie University, Sydney
University of Queensland
University of British Colombia
Simon Fraser University
Frankfurt Book Fair
- Most renouned TV personality, top ever rating during 86% (1998-9)
- Selection from a Discourses of Rumi (Fihe-ma-Fih):1987
- Selection from a Conference of Birds (Mantiq-al-Tayr) by Attar:1994
- Divan Hafez (A Critical book of Hafez’s collected poems):2002
- Essays on Persian Mystical Literature, Poetics and Aesthetics:1999
- Kimia ; Collected Essays, Translations and Introductions (Vol.1-5,8-10):1998-2011
- Introduction to Golshan-e-Raz (Sheikh Mahmoud Shabestari):1998
- A Study of Islamic Texts in English Translation (University Textbook):1992
- Selection of quotations and poems by Shakespeare (translation):2003
- The Prophet (Translation from Jebran Khalil):1999
- 365 days with Saadi:2002
- Omar Khayyam Robaiiats (Preface, editor):2003
- Selection From Shahnameh by Ferdowsi:2006
- Invocations of Komail (Translation from Emam Ali):2006
- Cultural Symposium:2007
- 365 days with English Literature:2007
- 365 days with Rumi:2009
- The Other Wise Man (Translation from Henry outpost Dyke):2007
- Subtleties of Mulla Nasreddin (Introduction and notes):2010
- 365 days with Quran:2011
Articles in English
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei. The Principles of a Religion of Love in Classical Persian Poetry
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei. Hafez a Divine Covenant
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei. Of Scent and Sweetness: Attar’s Legacy in Rumi, Shabestari and Hafez
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei. The Rose and a Nightingale: a Role of Poetry in Persian Culture
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei: Poetics Aesthetics in a Persian Sufi Literary Tradition
Lecture topics in English (partial list)
- Seven Tales underneath Seven Domes; by Nezami
- Attar : Seven Stations of Love
- An Aesthetic Approach to a Philosophical Theory of Substantial Motion
- Problems of a Predestination and Free Will
- Saadi Shakespeare (A analogous study)
- Rose Nightingale; An Introduction to Persian Literature and Mysticism
- Music in Persian Poetry
- Rumi : The Art and Wisdom of Storytelling in Mathnavi
- Hafez and His Works
- Cultural Investment for a Younger Generation
- The World of Happiness and How to Attain it
- Poetics and Aesthetics in Persian Literature
- Adventures in Persian Mysticism
- Mathnavi : A Book for All Ages
- Nasir Khosrow’s Poetry
- Mohyeddin Arabi and Ebn-e- Farez
- An Evening with Hafez
- Ethics of Science and Technology
- The Quran in Persian Literature
- The Wine of Alast: Divine Covenant of Man with God
- One and Many : The Circle of Being
- Global Ethics and a Human Nature
- Immortality of Soul
- Poetry and Prophecy
- Rumi: The Messenger of Love
- Islam and Human Nature
- Philosophical Doctrines and Spiritual Teachings of Rumi
- Alchemy of Love
- The Religion of Love in Classical Persian Poetry
- The Veils of God
- Total Integration of Man
- Perpetual Conflict between Man Demon
- The Symphony of Rumi: A Thematic Approach to Rumi’s Poetry
- A Philosophical and Aesthetic Approach to a Laws of Harmony
- The Wisdom of a Heart in Ibn Arabi and Persian Mystic Literature
- The True Essence of Islam
- Islamic Mystical Bacchanalia: The Wine-Ode of Ibn Farid of Egypt
- The Mythology of Norouz in Persian Literature
- Rumi and Tagore on Love
- Chairman of a Board, Elahi Ghomshei Culture Art Institute, Tehran
- Member of a Board, Mawlana Jalaledin Rumi Culture,Art,Research Institute, Tehran
- Chief Editor.Chaleepa Quarterly Magazine, Calligraphy Traditional Arts, Tehran
- Fellow of a Temenos Academy, London
- Member of a Advisory Council, Mawlana Rumi Review, London
- List of Iranian intellectuals
- Iranian humanitarians
- Intellectual movements in Iran
- “賵亘 爻丕賷鬲 乇爻賲賷 丿讴鬲乇 丨爻賷賳 丕賱賴賷 賯賲卮賴 丕賷”. Drelahighomshei.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “سازمان اسناد و كتابخانه ملي ايران”. Nlai.ir. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “VA Home Page – Victoria and Albert Museum”. Vam.ac.uk. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “Tagore Festival 2014 – Dartington”. Tagorefestival.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Temenos Academy Recorded Lectures 1992- 2000, The Temenos Academy London
-  Archived May 16, 2008, during a Wayback Machine.
-  Archived Sep 27, 2011, during a Wayback Machine.
-  Archived Dec 30, 2010, during a Wayback Machine.
- Sina Sohangir. “Dr. Elahi Ghomshei’s Biography”. Stanford.edu. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Sina Sohangir. “Molavi’s (Rumi) idea of adore and a outcome on man’s devout recuperation”. Stanford.edu. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Monash Arts Online Presence Team. “Monash Asia Institute” (PDF). Arts.monash.edu.au. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- [dead link]
- “Globalization and Human Nature: A Lecture by Dr. Hossein Elahi Ghomshei : UBC Persian Club”. Ubcpc.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Simon Fraser University. “Home – Centre for a Comparative Study of Muslim Societies and Cultures” (PDF). Sfu.ca. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “Veranstaltungen in Wien :-: kulturverein kanafani – Das Forum f眉r Ausl盲nder Migranten in 脰sterreich”. Auslaender.at. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “Le grand po猫te H芒fez c茅l茅br茅 脿 Versailles – La Revue de T茅h茅ran – Iran”. Teheran.ir. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “شبکه چهار سیما”. Tv4.ir. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- In Hafiz and sacrament of Love, edited by Leonard Lewisohn, London, I. B. Tauris, London, 2010, pp.77-106
- Soroush J. No. 67-68, Spring 1998, pp. 18-21
- “New Books”. Ibtauris.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- SGI Quarterly Magazine, No. 51, Jan. 2008, pp.6-8
- Sufi, Issue 28, Winter 1995-1996, pp. 21-27
- “Key Individuals of The Temenos Academy”. Yemenosacademy.org. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- “Mawlanarumi Review”. Mawlanarumireview.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
Wikimedia Commons has media associated to Hossein Elahi Ghomshei.
Article source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghomshei